Every occasion is better with cake and we love working with you to create bespoke designs to help celebrate!
If you’re thinking of ordering a custom cake you can email us at email@example.com, call us on 01372467228 or pop into the shop at 28 The Parade, Claygate, Surrey, KT10 0NU for a chat!
There are a few things it helps us to know when you are ordering:
1. Date of the event – let us know the date you’ll be celebrating. Our lead time on cakes is usually 3-4 weeks but some dates get booked up quicker than others. It’s always best to give us as much notice as possible but if you’re on a tight schedule do let us know as we will do our best to fit you in if we can.
2. Date and time of collection – our opening hours are Tuesday to Friday 12 – 5.30pm and Saturday 12 – 4.30pm. Please let us know if you need to collect before these times on the day of the event and we can arrange either collection the afternoon before or the morning of the event as is mutually convenient. In some cases collection might need to be after a certain time of day rather than at opening but we will let you know if this is the case. For larger tiered cakes over £250 we can offer delivery. Delivery in KT10 – 14 postcodes is complimentary but please enquire for delivery charges for London and further afield.
3. Design – let us know your thoughts and ideas! You can see examples of cakes we have made previously on our website here or browse by occasion or theme. All our cakes are bespoke though so you don’t have to stick to these designs. Let us know your theme and we can create something special for you – we love a challenge! We can also draw ideas from party elements such as invitations, decorations etc. Feel free to send us other designs you have seen on the internet or social media too. While we don’t replicate other bakes exactly it can give us an idea of the sort of design you are after and we can take inspiration from these to create something just for you.
4. Buttercream or fondant icing – let us know if you would prefer buttercream or fondant icing. On our website you can see examples of buttercream iced cakes, buttercream drip cakes and fondant iced cakes. Buttercream is the softer icing (the same as the top of our cupcakes) and fondant is the slightly harder icing that you roll out. A lot of the choice is personal preference on look and taste but fondant cakes are also more expensive than buttercream cakes. We only offer tiered fondant cakes, buttercream cakes are all single tier.
5. Number of guests/size – let us know roughly how many people you are looking to feed with the cake and we can help you decide which size of cake is best. All our round cakes are three layers of sponge with two layers of buttercream so they are quite tall.
6. Number of tiers – for larger fondant cakes we can guide you as to how many tiers are suitable for the number of people. Let us know if there are a particular number of tiers you would like for a specific look as we can also include dummy tiers if necessary. We only offer tiered fondant cakes, buttercream cakes are all single tier.
7. Flavours – you can see a list of the flavours we offer here. Your choice of flavour doesn’t affect the price of the cake with the exception of fruit cakes. For tiered cakes you can have different flavours for each tier or all the same.
8. Allergies/dietary requirements – please let us know if you or any guests have any allergy or dietary requirements. Unless specified all Afternoon Crumbs cakes contain eggs, milk, wheat flour containing gluten, food colouring and are made in a kitchen that handles nuts, peanuts, soya, sulphur dixide and alcohol. Specific products may also contain other allergens such as soya and nuts. We do offer cakes that don’t have gluten as an ingredient but these will be made in a kitchen that handles gluten as well as the other mentioned allergens. We don’t currently offer any vegan cakes.
9. Payment – we require a 50% deposit to confirm the booking for all bespoke orders. We can send you a link to pay this online or you’re welcome to pop into the shop or call to make your payment. The remaining balance can be paid on collection or in advance for deliveries.
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you create something special!